The Booking/ Reservation/ Event: Means the reservation and other facilities for a given date.
The Charge: Means the total cost payable for all facilities requested by the client, inclusive of VAT.
The Client: Means the person or organisation by which the reservation is made.
The Contract: Means the agreement between the Hotel and the Client for the hire of accommodation and other facilities.
The Hotel: Means – The Mill Hotel Ltd, Milton Street, Chester, CH1 3NF.
- You can make your booking by phone on 01244 350035 or online at www.millhotel.com
- You can only make a booking if you are 18 years old or over.
- Please be aware that in the time period between an enquiry being made and an actual booking being made, the availability may change and this can incur change in the original price.
- Your reservation is personal to you and you are responsible for making any amendments to it.
- If you are making a reservation on behalf of someone else you must state his or her full, correct name. We will require their full address and contact details.
- If you book 3 or more rooms your reservation will be treated as a group booking and you will be required to follow the group reservation terms and conditions stated below.
- You are advised at the time of booking to make prior reservations for both dining and Spa treatments, to avoid disappointment upon arrival.
- All bookings will remain provisional until confirmed by either credit card, fax or email confirmation for account holders or by deposit payment for group reservations.
- When your booking has been confirmed the Hotel will then send out a final confirmation contract.
- Please inform the Hotel when booking of any special requirements, to enable us to meet your needs.
- Smoking rooms are no longer available in the Hotel and public areas; A fine of £150.00 will be issued to any client found to be smoking within the Hotel premises.
Rates & Payment
- All published rates are priced per room per night and include Value Added Tax & Services.
- The Mill Hotel Ltd offers a rack rate and also Midweek agreed corporate single occupancy rate.
- The Hotel offers both Bed & Breakfast & Dinner Bed & Breakfast Rates so please ensure you have selected the correct price for your reservation.
- For all Internet bookings on the Hotels own website, full payment will be taken 24hours prior to arrival, this payment in non-refundable.
- For all Internet bookings via online booking agents you will be required to read their terms and conditions.
- All individual bookings will be secured by credit/ debit card and payment will be taken upon arrival, unless the client wishes to settle in advance.
- For clients booking 3 rooms or more, please follow the group reservations terms and conditions stated below.
- Accommodation Vouchers are available for purchase; they will be placed into the Hotels booking system for a selected date, which can be amended by the client. The client will be provided with a full confirmation contract and a gift voucher excluding prices.
- The Mill Hotel Ltd. accepts the following methods of payment: Cash Sterling (for non pre-payable bookings), Cheque (must be pre-paid), Bank Transfer (must be pre-paid) & Credit/ Debit Cards – MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners, Visa/Delta, Switch, Solo Maestro.
- All cheques received, as deposits must have the person’s address and cheque guarantee number on the back. The Hotel must also receive cheques within time to be cleared by the Hotels bank, prior to your arrival date, a minimum of 14 days prior to the event date.
- Children up to and including 3 years will stay free of charge when sharing with two full paying adults.
- Children between the ages of 4 and 9 will be charges at a cost of £5.00 per child per night, when sharing with two full paying adults.
- Children between the ages of 10 and 13 (inclusive) will be charged at a cost of £10.00 per child per night, when sharing with two full paying adults.
- Full price will be charged for any person’s 14 years of age and over.
- Cots are provided free of charge, cots must be pre-booked and are supplied subject to availability. We request that the Client supply their own cot bedding.
Cancellation and Amendment
- Whilst the hotel will do its best to accommodate increased guest numbers, it can only do so, within the constraints of its facilities and must at all times comply within the limits of Fire & Safety Regulations. Any increase in numbers shall be charged at the Hotels Standard Rates.
- Any alterations made by the client must be confirmed by letter, email or fax confirmation.
- Booking dates can be changed within the cancellation policy, rooms and prices are subject to availability.
When cancelling a booking the client must note the cancellation reference provided by the Hotel and quote it in any further correspondence with the Hotel.
- Individual accommodation bookings must be cancelled 24 hours prior to the arrival time of 2pm to avoid incurring a full payment charge. Payment will only be refunded if the Hotel is able to re-hire the facilities, at the Hotels full rack rate.
Mill Hotel Online Bookings
- Individual accommodation bookings must be cancelled 24 hours prior to the arrival time of 2pm to avoid incurring a full payment charge. Any reservations cancelled prior to the cancellation period will incur a 1% booking charge to cover the charges implemented by the on-line booking engine.
- For clients booking 3 rooms or more, please follow the group reservations terms and conditions stated below.
On-line Booking Agent Bookings
- Examples – Bookings.com, Amadeus, Laterooms, Lastminute.com, Hotelbeds, HRS, VisitChester. Please read the terms and conditions that apply on the booking site that you use, as they will vary from the Hotels cancellation policy.
- If you book 3 or more rooms your reservation will be treated as a group booking.
- A deposit payment of £10.00 per guest is required within 3 week of the provisional reservation being made. Please be aware that any monies paid are both non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The Client will be required to read, sign and return a copy of the Hotels terms and conditions with the deposit payment.
- Full payment is required 14 days prior to the arrival date. Please be aware that any monies paid are both non-refundable and non-transferable after the 14 days prior to the arrival date.
- Bookings cancelled after the 14-day cancellation policy will only be refundable under exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the Hotel management.
- If your deposits are not received within the payment time, the Hotel reserves the right to cancel your booking. The client will always be contacted prior to any cancellation being made.
- The client who makes the booking will become the group leader and is responsible for ensuring all their guests understand the Hotels terms and conditions and meet the payment deadlines.
- Any amendments must be carried out through the group leader to avoid any confusion.
- Bedroom accommodation is guaranteed for 2pm arrival.
- All confirmed rooms will be held for late arrival.
- All guests will require a Credit/ Debit Card for a security swipe on check-in. For Group bookings one card can be used to secure all rooms.
- All guests are required to vacate their bedrooms and settle their account prior to 11am on the day of departure.
- For guests wishing to checkout prior to 6:45am we advise you settle your account the evening prior to departure to avoid delay on the morning of departure.
Large Single Sex Groups
- The Mill Hotel is a private company and reserves the right to vet large single sex bookings. There may be restrictions on bookings for ‘singles groups’ consisting of all female or male persons. However we may apply discretion in certain circumstances. We also reserve the right to terminate a booking where we feel that the comfort of our guests may be put at risk.
- The Hotel provides complimentary secure car parking, which is subject to availability. Guests are required to register their vehicle at the Hotels main reception on arrival. Please be aware that the Hotel operates a central ticketing service so please advise reception if you wish to leave your car for a short while after departure.
- No animals are permitted into the Hotel except guide dogs. The hotel must be informed on booking if you are bringing a guide dog with you. Any damage or soiling caused by the dog will incur a charge enforced by the Hotel manager.
- Babysitting is available only if pre-booked. The rate is negotiable direct with the babysitter.
Heath Club & Beauty Spa
- Hotel residents receive full use of the Health facilities during their stay. The health club is open from 6:30am and last admission is 9:30pm, for 10:00pm closing.
- Spa treatments are charged at an extra cost and we advise they are pre-booked to avoid disappointment.
- Children must vacate the swimming pool by 7:00pm.
- An adult must accompany children at all times.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the sauna, steam room, whirlpool spa or gymnasium.
- We strongly advise clients to take out insurance to cover the cost of cancellation and other risks including personal accident and personal public liability.
- The Mill Hotel Ltd reserves the right to claim against you the client for any damage, loss or injury sustained by the Hotel, or its employees, due to any malicious or negligent damage caused by you or a member of your group. The Hotel holds the right to claim for any loss of business suffered by any wrongful act of the client.
- Should any guest be unwilling or unable when asked by the hotel, to cease any behaviour or activities unacceptable to the Hotel, the Hotel reserves the right to require them to leave. This is without refund or waiver of any monies already paid or payable.
- No food or beverages may be brought into the Hotel without the Hotels permission.
- The Hotel reserves the right to charge for corkage on any wines or champagnes brought into the Hotel by the client.
- The Mill Hotel Ltd enforces a strict dress code, no work clothes or baseball caps are permitted to be worn in the Hotels public areas at any time.
- The Liability of the Hotel for the security of damage of client’s belongings is set out in the Housekeepers Act 1878 as modified by the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956. No amendment or variation of this contract shall take effect unless authorised by a director of the Mill Hotel Management.
- Failure by the Hotel on any occasion to enforce any obligations of the Client contained in the contract shall not constitute a waiver of its rights to do so.
- The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the contract; any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Events beyond the Hotels Control
- The Hotel shall not be liable for failure to provide or delay in providing accommodation, function rooms, equipment, food, beverages and other facilities as a result of events out of its control. These include events arising from: -
- Extreme weather conditions.
- Interruption or failure of electric power, gas or water.
- Acts of God, including flood, fire earthquake, windstorm or natural disaster.
- Collapse of building structures, failure of equipment.
- Fire, explosion or accidental damage.
- Any other act or event which is beyond the Hotels reasonable control.
- If you have any complaint to make regarding any area of the Hotel, please bring it to the attention of the management during your stay. Our management will then have the opportunity to rectify any problems and help ensure you have an enjoyable stay.
- Alternatively if you wish to put your comments in writing or if you are not happy that the issue has been resolved, please send them to the following address, no later than 21 days after the completion of your stay
Please note the Mill Hotel reserves the right to changes details and prices at any time.